A healthy diet supports good health and lively life. Having a variety of vegetables, fruits and consuming less sugar, salt, saturated food is important for leading a healthy life that suits your body system. It protects you from chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol, and cancer. Keeping your body healthy and fit is a challenge within yourself.
A healthy diet is a combination of different nutritious foods and it includes the below:
- Cereals like wheat, rice, maize, corn, and oats.
- Legumes such as lentils and beans.
- Green vegetables and fruits.
- Foods from animal sources like eggs, fish, milk, and meat.
The above information is beneficial for your healthy diet according to WHO recommendations. You can include these ingredients in cooking your daily food helps to enjoy a healthy body. It even helps to improve your immunity level.
Eat Enough Vegetables and Fruits
- They are very important sources of vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, and antioxidants.
- A diet comprising a high level of proteins in vegetables and fruits lowers the risk of any diseases.
Consume Less Fat
- Concentrated sources of energy are fat and oil. However, you can’t have them in large proportion.
- Eating in moderate proportion is always a good way, especially the industrially produced Trans-fat, saturated food, and wrong fats.
- Always use unsaturated vegetables, seed oils–olive, soy, sunflower, and corn.
- Animal fats or high-level saturated fats in oil–ghee, palm, coconut, and butter help in consuming healthier fats.
- The total fat in the human body should not exceed over 30%, if not controlled it will lead to unhealthy weight gain.
Need To Control Consuming Sugar and Salt Intake
- Avoid sweet snacks such as cookies, cakes, and chocolate instead choose fresh fruits.
- Limit the intake of soft drinks, soda and other high-level sugar drinks like fruits juice, syrups, flavored milk, and yogurt drinks help to reduce intake of sugars.
- A healthy diet should represent less than 10% of your total intake. If you reduce more, it will be an additional health benefit.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke in the adult by limitation of salt to less than 5hours per day and also helps to prevent hypertension.
Fitness of the body is quite important to enjoy a healthy life. Well-balanced diet food helps to achieve your goal of weight loss and enjoy a shapely figure. Avoiding oil oozing food, sugary desserts, packed food, and spicy meals can surely help you to remain healthy and fit for your whole life.